- When you visit WCF's website, you are anonymous unless you specifically chose to identify yourself.
- WCF automatically collects the following non-identifying (i.e. anonymous) information: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software and type of operating system you use; the date and time you access our site; any information accessed and data downloaded from our site, the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our website, andthe Internet address of certain sites that you link to after linking to our website (until such time as you clear your cookies).
- WCF uses this data to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our website, to ensure our website is functioning properly, to optimize the functionality of our site, to help us make our website more useful, and to help manage, direct, and evaluate the effectiveness of WCF’s online advertising and promotional campaigns.
- WCF utilizes cookies and pixel tags (also known as web beacons or clear gifs) to help manage, direct, and evaluate the effectiveness of WCF’s online advertising and promotional campaigns.
- The information collected through the use of these cookies and pixel tags does not contain personally identifiable information; it does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
- The information collected through the use of these cookies and pixel tags allows WCF and its advertising consultants to direct WCF’s advertising and promotional efforts in an efficient manner which may bring specialized or relevant advertising content, specifically pertaining to WCF products and services, to your attention as you view WCF’s or third party websites.
- The collection of information, by WCF and its advertising consultants, and any directed advertising or promotions arising from the collection of information through the use of pixel tags and the imbedding of a specific cookie on your browser can be stopped, by you, by removing the specific cookie from your browser. Note, however, that a similar cookie will be imbedded in your browser upon each subsequent visit to WCF’s website. You will, therefore, need to repeat the process for deleting the specific cookie following each subsequent visit to WCF’s website. For direction on how to remove cookies, please refer to the instruction or help feature of the browser you are using.
- Certain features of this site may require that you submit identifying personal information in order for us to respond to, or process, your online request.
- If you chose to apply online for insurance coverage or a rate quote, identifying personal information will be required, such as the applicant and/or business name, contact information and business entity type, the nature of your business operations, your estimated payroll, and the names of the owners/principals of the business and certain identifying information about such individuals.
- Certain features of this site may be available only to policyholders or agents and may require that you provide identifying personal information to obtain a system password. Use of these password protected features may require additional identifying personal information, including certain personal or business financial and/or banking information.
- The online filing of an Employer's First Report of Injury requires certain personal information for the person and/or company submitting the report, and the name, contact information, social security number, wage rate, nature of accident and injury, initial treating medical provider, and other personal information for the injured worker.
- If you provide identifying personal information, such information may be used to evaluate applications for insurance, to initiate and process claims, to conduct our usual business (including internal and policy holder auditing, underwriting, adjusting and defending claims, marketing and sales of insurance products), to investigate/prevent fraud and other crimes, to confirm and/or correct information in our records, and for other uses permitted by law.
- Identifying Personal information you provide to us may be disclosed in compliance with agency rules/regulations or an order of a court of law or administrative tribunal, in connection with a sale/merger of all or any part of our business, to persons with a legal interest in your insurance, to third-party contractors acting on WCF's behalf, subject to confidentiality agreements and restrictions to use information only for the purpose of performing those services, to insurance rate advisory organizations, to government or law enforcement agencies that enforce consumer protection, competition, fraud and other laws, to affiliated companies and non-affiliated third parties to provide the insurance products and services you have requested, and to affiliate or non-affiliate companies as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- Under applicable privacy laws, you may have certain rights to get information about you or your company contained in our records. Generally, we will let you review what we know about you if you ask us in writing; provided, however, that certain information, such as medical records, will be made available only upon signature of a legally sufficient release. Furthermore, you will not be allowed to review any information that is subject to attorney-client privilege, or that constitutes attorney or claims adjuster work product or trial/hearing preparation materials.
- If you tell us that what we know about you is incorrect, we will review it and, if appropriate, we will correct our records. If we do not agree with you, you may tell us in writing why you believe the information is incorrect and we will keep your written concerns with your records.
- WCF uses firewalls on all of its online accessible systems and secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect transmission of any information submitted to WCF through any of the features on this site.
- Email sent to WCF is not necessarily secure against interception. If your email communication includes personal information like your social security number, account or credit card numbers, contact us through one of our secure online forms, by mail or by telephone.
- WCF utilizes physical and procedural safeguards including varying levels of security clearance to access electronically collected data and to physically access data storage facilities, encrypted offsite backup media, and full-disk encryption of laptop computers and other company computers used offsite.
- Access to identifying personal information is limited to those employees who have a bona fide business purpose for such access. All employees are instructed on the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of such information.
P.O. Box 57929
Salt Lake City, Utah 84157-0929
Attn: IT Department